On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Steve Wise
<sw...@opengridcomputing.com> wrote:
> On 6/26/2013 4:13 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Hefty, Sean <sean.he...@intel.com>

>>> Why are bit fields being exposed to the user in this way?

>> Yes, this is probably not general enough. So what would you suggest,
>> use a more integral division? e.g 16 bits for priority and 16 bits for
>> location?

> If the kernel driver is setting the "location", whatever that is, why would
> the application need access to it?  IE isn't a priority field enough to
> allow the application provide an ordering/prioritization to the rules?

I wasn't accurate, the idea is that per domain we allow the app to set
the rule priority, but the actual priority towards the HW is made of
the provided prioriry X domain, where different domains have different
priorities along the order set by the verbs header file see enum
ib_flow_domain