On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenSM will be running on both nodes and both node ports will be
> bonded together in active-failover (or active-active, if possible). My
> issue is with interconnection links between switches.
> Last time that i've tried I had issue due to the interface bonding in
> active-active.
> When using active-active i've seen IPoIB running and just a couple of
> KBytes/s and in active-failover was running at 10-11Gbps/s
>
> So, are you suggesting:
> OpenSM running on both, node1 and node2
> Both nodes connected to both switches (1 port per switch)
> Both switches interconnected with 2 or more links to have aggregated bandwidth
>
> This would'nt require any special configuration? How can I ensure the
> both link on switches are used together? Any command to run with
> OpenSM ?

I haven't had much success and/or advantages with a active/active
bond, and used active/passive instead. One of the reasons for that is
the app I used at a time only did one network connection worth of
traffic, which doesn't gain any speed benefits from active/active. I
don't recall seeing such drastic speed issues with active/active, but
granted it's been a bit since I last worked with it and Infiniband in
general.

-Gennadiy