On 7/23/2015 12:30 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:57:34AM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
+enum ib_mr_type {
+       IB_MR_TYPE_FAST_REG,
+       IB_MR_TYPE_SIGNATURE,

If we're going to go through the trouble of changing everything, I vote
for dropping the word 'fast'. It's a marketing term.  It's goofy.  And
the IB spec is goofy for using it.

So IB_MR_TYPE_MEM_REG?

Yes.  Especially as the infrastructure will be usable to support FMR
on legacy adapters as well except that instead of the ib_post_send it'll
need a call to the FMR code at the very end.

While we're at it  wonder if we should consolidate the type and the
flags field as well, as the split between the two is a little confusing.

I can do that.