On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Mike Christie wrote:

> The attached patch copies the code from the fc transport
> class which allows a LLD to block and unblock a device.
> The block/unblock code is used by the iscsi-sfnet
> driver in replacement of a internal timer doing the
> same thing.
>
> I understand that the target code is under construction
> and our group as well as the HW iSCSI guys are trying to move
> to something closer to the fc's rport model, so I was not
> sure if it is better to wait or get this basic functionality in
> first so we (and other SW and HW iSCSI drivers) can kill some
> of our duplicated code sooner and then incrementally update
> the class.

Speaking of which, are there any major objections to the patches
proposed here:

Add scsi_target_[un]block() and scsi_target_remove() generics
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110867050306738&w=2

[RFC] adding per scsi-host workqueues for defered processing
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110903148407438&w=2

which add some infrastructure changes for the transport classes.

--
AV