Andrew Vasquez wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Mike Christie wrote:

The attached patch copies the code from the fc transport
class which allows a LLD to block and unblock a device.
The block/unblock code is used by the iscsi-sfnet
driver in replacement of a internal timer doing the
same thing.

I understand that the target code is under construction
and our group as well as the HW iSCSI guys are trying to move
to something closer to the fc's rport model, so I was not
sure if it is better to wait or get this basic functionality in
first so we (and other SW and HW iSCSI drivers) can kill some
of our duplicated code sooner and then incrementally update
the class.

Speaking of which, are there any major objections to the patches
proposed here:

Add scsi_target_[un]block() and scsi_target_remove() generics
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110867050306738&w=2

[RFC] adding per scsi-host workqueues for defered processing
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110903148407438&w=2

When using single_threaded_workqueues do all single threaded ones in the system use the same cpu_workqueue_struct? Will this be a potential bottleneck if we end up using the workqueue for more operations in the future?