Il 07/04/2014 05:16, Michael S. Tsirkin ha scritto:
Hmm still relying on a specific IOV layout I see :(
It's really a violation of the spec even though it works
fine with Linux guests.
I know this isn't the only place this is broken but
can't we finally fix it?
Since you are touching this code anyway - how about
not adding more code we need to fix later?

It's not too hard - just verify total length is big enough
(instead of an exact match), then call
memcpy_fromiovecend/memcpy_toiovecend.
(or memcpy_fromiovec if you don't mind that iovec is modified).

This will help make sure
we are not making interface mistakes like we did for block
with VIRTIO_BLK_T_SCSI_CMD.

And like we were about to make here. :(

We really should fix this for kernel 3.16 and QEMU 2.1.

Paolo