Hi

Please cc me or reply directly as I'm not subscribed to linux-serial.
I hope this isn't considered off-topic for linux-serial.

Are there any alternatives to polling the modem control lines to
figure out if they have changed at all? Is it possible to set
something to get say a signal to indicate a change in control line
status or perhaps to have select indicate that control lines have
changed?

I've sifted through various serial FAQ's, posix programming guides
etc. and bits of source code from all over but everyone just seems
to poll the control lines regularly ... I was hoping that there
was a better way to do this ... any suggestions?

Thank you,

--Craig

-