Hi Jon,

Good to have someone to talk to :) I've already previously found your posts
about EU3000 - I even downloaded the Fex file to check mine some time ago,
so I'm a bit into the subject.

I don't have any Android experience except for my phone, so I can't help
you much there, but I can tell you what's currently wrong with the sunxi
linux driver for ov5640.

For me, anything less than 720p is unacceptable. My first problem was that
I get like 7fps in 720p (kernel 3.4.75+ from linux-sunxi) - this was driver
issue, as the ov5640 driver (part of sun4i_csix driver) is badly written -
there is only a tryout of the format, the sensor actually defaults always
to sensor_default_regs[], instead of using regs for, let's say, 720p. So it
isn't at all configured correctly. This is only the first problem.

The second problem is that register settings included in the kernel driver
are mostly useless - almost all of them are either 3.75, 7.5 or 15fps,
while I need at least 30. So, since I did some development on Freescale's
i.MX6, I used some settings from there - I've got 720p @30fps running like
this. It works ok, maybe a bit noisey (although this could easily come from
my interface board), but my colors are still bad and as you can see I'm
currently debugging this (almost certain that it's the display driver
issue).

Anyway, I'm debugging the display driver - it seems that some things are
wrong there, or at least I'm not really configuring it right.

What kernel do you have - in which mode are you using 720p (15fps, 30fps?)
and what are the errors you see?

BR,

Ivan