Hmm, I understand the errors that you've posted, but am not really sure
what I'm looking at regarding the faults, as I have no experience with
Android.

Regarding errors - your buffers are not properly dequeued - maybe they are
not ready and you're trying to dequeue them?

How do you use V4L? Do you set the ioctl's or is it done somehow
under-the-hood in Android?

I'm asking because in Linux it's quite easy - you queue a buffer and then
wait until it's ready for dequeue. Only then you can dequeue it, not
before. And you do everything with V4L ioctl's and display driver ioctls.
Basically you have full control of V4L and Display - how is this done in
Android - can you post some code of your app?