On Sun, 18 May 2014 12:51:04 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 05/17/2014 10:38 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> >> That is not true, u-boot-sunxi.git should be the default branch
> >> for end users to use. I've not bothered fixing GMAC since I did not
> >> think anyone was actually using network boot.

Network boot is one of the "advertised" features. If the users try
to follow the well written linux-sunxi wiki tutorials, such as
    http://linux-sunxi.org/How_to_boot_the_A10_or_A20_over_the_network
and u-boot just fails with a lot of noise, then this is definitely
not nice.

> >> But you're right we should
> >> fix it. Ian, if I'm not mistaken to fix GMAC I should merge the
> >> patches from your ijc/designware branch correct?
> >
> > There was a v3.1 of one of the patches and I can't remember if I pushed
> > it anywhere -- I'd recommend picking them off the list (or at least
> > confirming that ijc/designware has a v3.1 comment in one of the
> > patches).
>
> Your branch indeed had the old v3 I've picked the v3.1 out of patchwork,
> and pushed all 5. Now our designware.[c|h] are in sync with what we'll be
> going upstream soon.
>
> Thanks & Regards,

Thanks! Now this looks more like the stable branch should be maintained.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka