fre 2014-05-16 klockan 22:59 +0300 skrev Siarhei Siamashka:

> Do we have some sort of a BROM USB driver running alongside with
> our SPL in the FEL mode? At least the stack base is set so that
> we don't have too much SRAM available for SPL.

The FEL binary is only responsible for initializing the DRAM. All USB is
managed by BROM.

Basic order is

BROM connection established
Upload FEL binary to SRAM
Execute FEL binary in SRAM to configure the board for DRAM access
Upload u-boot.bin to DRAM
Execute u-boot.

> When doing experiments with the DRAM initialization code, I want
> to be able to do various things. For example, calculating the
> timings (converting nanoseconds to cycles) right in the SPL instead
> of having this stuff pre-computed and tabulated. Another example of
> a moderate SRAM space user is the DRAM calibration code for finding
> optimal parameters. And extra debugging code with verbose messages
> can also use up a lot of space.

Last time I looked there was plenty of space left in FEL even with full
printf enabled.

> Most importantly, when we are running out of space, the code starts
> to misbehave in unpredictable ways. It is not like we are getting a
> a nice and helpful error message in this case. So what's wrong
> with just having more headroom?

The linking fails if we run out of space, unless there is an error in
the fel lds script.

Regards
Henrik