El viernes, 17 de octubre de 2014 08:48:15 UTC+2, r.ja...@xs4all.nl
escribió:

> Op donderdag 16 oktober 2014 23:32:18 UTC+2 schreef Stefan Monnier:
> > > Is that patch changing the buffersize and/or number of periods limits?
> >

> > Which patch?  Emilio's code is a brand new driver written from scratch,
> IIUC.
>
> The patch that I replied to.
>

> > > That appears to be setting the max number of periods to 8 (why?) but
> also it
> >
> > > looks like it is setting the buffer size to 128K so it should be no
> problem to
> >
> > > set 16384 frames of 4 bytes (16bit stereo) each.  Still that does not
> work.
> >

> > You should probably ask Emilio directly (tho he didn't answer my last
> >
> > email, so apparently he's busy with other things).
>
> Look, I am new here.  I don't know who Emilio is, what he did, and how I
> can integrate his code into Cubian.  I am still reading up on that.
>
> I am trying to find out if I can replace a PC in an amateur radio hobby
> project
> with a CubieBoard2.
> The PC is running Debian Wheezy and it looked like a good plan to install
> the
> Debian version for the CubieBoard2, Cubian, and see how things work out.
>
> So I come here to ask about the audio driver and what I can do, the word
> is I
> should "try Emilio's kernel" but a posting later it already appears that
> this
> is not something I can download and install on the CubieBoard2, but I will
> first have to tweak it to match the hardware.
>
> Maybe it is better to find out first if there is a Cubian community where
> they
> know what kernel they use and how I can switch that to "Emilio's kernel",
> if
> they know about that.

I think that if you don't need any gui, and use cubieboard as headless you
can try emilio kernel for experiment,
but for use a Lxde or other grafical or try how works in general,
you can try this image created for cubietruck and cubieboard2 and see how
works.

http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,1511.0.html