ons 2015-03-18 klockan 10:16 +0100 skrev Irgendeiner:

> I think that for the MAC used, sunxi must make sure that on all supported
> hardware the MAC planned by the board manufacturer will be used as default.

Problem with most boards is that there is no MAC, and if there is one
then it's not in a by any means standardized storage, personalized in
the NAND bootloader arguments which is easily lost when dealing with
other software.

So far I only know of some Olimex boards having an eeprom specifically
for the MAC address, but not sure it actually is an MAC in there.

> I don't understand why checksums and other nasty problems come to play a
> role?

Not for MAC assignment, but general configuration data or integrity
validation purpose sure.

Regards
Henrik