Il giorno domenica 23 agosto 2015 13:25:06 UTC+2, Alexis Jeandet ha scritto:

> Hi,

> Then would a UDA1380 work?

hello,

on mainline, you can patch a kernel source code then the I2S device and the
UDA1380 codec "someway" work, at least for audio playing
you'll find the relevant patches here, actually:

 https://gist.github.com/aventuri/c40d08b946b0d1da5081

anyway a more polished development tree is on-going at least for the I2S
side, so that source could be outdated shortly..

then, the UDA1380 codec, AFAICS, will still need the aforementioned patch
so it can be loaded and configured through the DTS.

i'll need to work out the patch prior of a proper motivated submission to
alsa-soc because as it is, it's more or less a proof of concept.

if you want to play with it, you are of course welcome.

I need to add sound. What I saw is that UDA driver exist but needs i2c bus
> so i need to tweak the dts file for lime2. Does somebody have some lights
> to give me on this topic?

enabling a I2C bus on the A20, should just a matter  of a dts line.

at least for me it was as simple as adding this stuff in the DTS:

&i2c1 {
        pinctrl-names = "default";
        pinctrl-0 = <&i2c1_pins_a>;
        status = "okay";

        /* added for test with I2S waveshare codec board based on UDA1380 */
        ext_codec: uda1380@18 {
                #sound-dai-cells = <0>; /* added for dmesg err: "could not
get #sound-dai-cells for " */
                compatible = "nxp,uda1380";
                reg = <0x18>;
                /* reset-gpio = <&pio 7 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; */
                /*
                 * commented out so uda1380_probe move forward..
                 * otherwise get: asoc-simple-card sound: ASoC: failed to
instantiate card -16
                 * power-gpio = <&pio 7 11 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
                 */
                dac-clk = <1>; // SYSCLK=0, WSPLL=1
        };

};

feel free to write here about any issues, if you test something..

bye

andrea