Greg KH wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 07:24:19AM -0800, Miles Lane wrote:
> > BTW, has anyone given any thought to how much code we'll be
> > backporting to the 2.2 series kernel after the 2.5 tree opens
> > up?
>
> As I've done a bunch of the backport work for 2.2 lately, I was going to
> follow Alan Cox's rules which state that only code that has been working
> in 2.4 would be allowed to be introduced into 2.2.

So, if we get the HCDs to share a lot of code in the 2.5 tree and
backport that to 2.4, then you would be up for adding that to the
2.2 backport?  I imagine backporting to 2.2 will be more difficult
than the 2.4 backport (presuming that the HCD code sharing stuff
happens in the 2.5 tree first).

        Miles