On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:26:48PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> >Short answer is "too confusing". I am sure Dan did a due dilligence
> >looking at code paths and yet he blew it (I would too...).
> >The fact that the technique is unconventional does not help.
>
> I can't see why the urb's spinlock is being held at all at that point,
> especially if it's going to be possibly freed.

The lock saves the URB from parallel deletion in the unlink_urb-functions on
SMP. There is already a urb_list_lock that can do this globally, but
urb_list_lock has to be released before the completion to allow further
submit_urb-calls in the completion. So in the completion only the related
URB is locked.

--
         Georg Acher, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         http://www.in.tum.de/~acher/