From: David Brownell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 2002-03-25 18:52:29

   > Meanwhile, though, if eliminating the 4k limit seems like a good idea,
   > may I suggest applying this patch to the kernel?

   It'd make sense to me, though as I said in my original post
   I'd rather use kmalloc (up to its limit of about 128KBytes) on
   the grounds that, among other things, the typical case won't
   be adding new pressure to the page allocator.

That sounds reasonable.  I only used __get_free_pages to mimic the
code that was already there.

I never saw your original message due to the spam block (see below):

   p.s. Chris, MIT seem so want to bounce my email to you...
       have they changed their mailer config?  That's new.

It looks like one of your ISP's mailers was on a spam-block list, due
to our having received spam from that host.  I've removed it (at
least, I think it's the right one), and you should be able to mail me
now.  If not, try sending to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, which takes a different
path that bypasses the spam filter.