[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> You ask: what silly code - why write things that way?
> I agree entirely. But this silly code occurred five times,
> and after the patch it occurs once. That is a much better
> starting point if one wants to improve this code.

Like for example, it's now practical to make that common
code use bulk queuing to get rid of the between-request
latency that wastes bandwidth ... and all the storage
devices will be faster!  Someone once said that even for
USB 1.1 speeds, that's a win of 5%-10%.  For USB 2.0 it's
quite a bit more than that (more like 50%-100%).

- Dave