Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Well, the semantic meaning of STALL really varies among the DWGs.  STALL in
> usb-storage land is a pretty common occurance, actually.  It's used to
> indicate a problem in a single phase of the transaction (which is multiple
> transfers) and keep synchronization between host and target.

>>A STALL is an interesting response, it means good data got to the device,
>>the device could accept the data, but the control/SETUP data made no sense.
>>It generally means the higher level driver is broken. A host cannot STALL.

On control endpoints, protocol stalls are also used to indicate that
the device doesn't support the request.  It's not an error to do
things like requesting an interface descriptor rather than grotting
around in the config descriptor to find that particular one... but
as I recall, devices aren't required to suppor that either.

- Dave