At 01:27 PM 7/16/02 -0700, Matthew Dharm wrote:
>Well, the semantic meaning of STALL really varies among the DWGs.  STALL in
>usb-storage land is a pretty common occurance, actually.  It's used to
>indicate a problem in a single phase of the transaction (which is multiple
>transfers) and keep synchronization between host and target.
>
>Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes you are right. The USB class stuff seems to have been defined by the
fastest=first!=best manufacturer of a device in each class. This results in
some pretty awful class definitions (audio class defined by Philips, HID by
Microsoft?? and storage by ???). Some classes even do SETUP commands as
part of a data transfer protocol, pretty weird and restrictive of future
combo devices. I would guess this is the case for storage and why STALL
would be common.

Regards, Steve