Alan Stern wrote:

Apparently it can't. I don't mean to say that this was the right thing to do; I just meant that this is what Matt's currently-proposed patch does. Personally, I'm not very familiar with the details of the SCSI subsystem, and I don't know what preconditions are required for calling the various API's.
Ok, no problem.

Doug just explained it very good in his most recent email.  Take heed in
his words.  Everything he said is quite doable.

--
Luben