Willem Riede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> suggested to me that I simply set
sdev->online = 0 for scsi_set_device_offline()

Any reason that isn't good enough?

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sir, for the hundreth time, we do NOT carry 600-round boxes of belt-fed
suction darts!
                                        -- Salesperson to Greg
User Friendly, 12/30/1997