> This patch brings the 2.4.21-rc8 EHCI driver mostly back
> into sync with the latest 2.5 driver (*), and adds a patch
> to avoid a relink problem (symptoms: rx hang, tx overflow)
> which causes trouble on 2.4 (especially with usb-storage).

Just tried (patched 2.4.21 with it) with the hard drive, it really
does the same as 2.5.70-bk8 with your earlier patch (ehci-0609.patch):
it hangs. In fact, 2.4.21 was a bit better than this, and 2.4.20 was
loads better. Not sure whether it's this patch or just plain 2.4.21
that causes trouble -- I haven't tried the latter.

Let me know if I can do some more testing.

  Andras