On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Ruud Linders wrote:

> > Is this different from a plain kernel _without_ the patch?
>
> No difference.

Ok. I committed my version as "better than what is there now", but clearly
it's not good enough.

So we should really add code to sd_read_cache_type() to default to
write-through for USB devices. The question is, what kind of flag do we
want to use?

We already have the combination "removable && !lockable", which would make
a lot of sense. But I don't think USB even touches those flags, and
"removable" wrt USB is actually a bit ambiguous (in the USB unplug case,
it's actually the _controller_ that is removed, not the medium).

Suggestions? Just add a new flag like the "use_10_for_ms" flag?

                Linus