On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:44:04AM -0700, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> The current code allows us to set or clear a given bit, but not both. So
> if we set them in slave_alloc, they can't be cleared without adding
> other flags or code.

If we want drivers to mess with blist flags that's the more general
solution, yes.  But the blist flags really are a target thing and
I'd prefer to keep host drivers a bit away from this.  Of course
this doesn't really work for the usb case where the host driver only
deals with emulated targets that are all completly hosed.

Maybe sdev->scsi_level should recognize a new level, SCSI_TOTALLY_B0RKED
for those usb-storage devices where the vendor somehow heard of the
spec but nothing that isn't excercised by the windows drivers has
the slightest chance of working..

> -- Patrick Mansfield
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-scsi" in
---end quoted text---