Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

on the mx21. Can u give us some debug output, when your are loading the modules? You have to enable the usb device controller driver and a gadget driver (serial, ethernet, storage). Which modules do you have enabled in the config?

Now I haven't access to MX21 (I am not in the university). The modules

Too bad :(

tomorrow morning I will have access, so I will do some more tests...

Ok, that's good :)

wasn't related to USB, and then I tried to load (Freescale told us 3
weeks ago, but I was on holidays...):

usbdcore.o
mx2_bi.o

And no signal in lspci from Desktop.

Then I was trying usbd_drv.o, usbdrv.o, usb-mx2otg.o, mx2usbd.o without
success (I was loading and unloading to see if something happends...)

I think that only with USB device controller driver should appear on
Desktop lspci (because I am saying a VendorID and ProductID in Kernel
configuration)

It would be good to know, what the device driver says, when you load it. Does it successfully initialize or is something wrong ...

no, it seems that everything is fine. No error/warning messages...

I think it's better to stay on the device side (mx21), before looking to the host (your pc).

Yes, but how i can know that it is working fine without check from host
side? (the only way, for me, to know that it is working is checking from
host side

Hä? Which interface do you use to load the drivers and see error/warning messages?

Is there DEBUG in the modules and had you enabled it to see also success messages like "driver loaded successfully!"? It's also useful to see some DEBUG of the data being transferred between host and device. Also try to use something like "dmesg" or "tail -f /var/log/messages". Did you tried to enable DEBUG on the host side, like "root hub status change" or something like that?

By the way. Why don't u use a newer kernel 2.6.x?

I think that tomorrow I will try :-)
I am not trying because Freescale gives some (long) patch for MX.21 and
2.4.20, and because some workmates are working in 2.4.20 support for some devices.
Are you working with MX.21? With 2.6 only? Or 2.4 too?

Not MX.21. I'm working with good old i.MXL! But I think the usb devices of MX21 and MXL are "more or less the same". The Kernels I use are 2.6.10-rc2, 2.6.11 and 2.6.12. I don't use 2.4 at all.

--
 synertronixx GmbH
 Torsten Koschorrek