 alf> Hello Peter,
 alf> Hello Alan,

 alf> I have got the HPE-mini FPGA embedded development board running
 alf> a LEON3-SPARC Snapgear-linux with a 2.6.21 kernel. The Cypress
 alf> cy7c67300 is directly connected to an Altera Cylcone II FPGA in
 alf> HPI mode.

Ok. Any particular reason why you're stuck with 2.6.21? The kernel HCD
interface has changed a bit since then, so you'l have to fix that up.

 alf>  First, I was very glad to find a c67x00 driver for 2.6, but I
 alf> need to do some porting stuff back to 2.6.21/SPARC, that
 alf> should'nt be a big deal. However, while reading the code back
 alf> and forth , I was just wondering how and where the
 alf> "pdev->dev.platform_data" gets allocated as it is referenced in
 alf> function c67x00_drv_probe() without the
 alf> platform_device_add_data() beeing called anywhere before. I've
 alf> browsed through the drivers/base-code where all platform-driver
 alf> specific stuff is done, but I really wasn't able to see where
 alf> this allocation happens.  Can you give me a hint where to look
 alf> at?

In your platform code like for other platform devices, E.G.:

static struct resource c67x00_resources[] = {
        [0] = {
                .start  = 0x84000000,
                .end    = 0x8400000f,
                .flags  = IORESOURCE_MEM,
        },
        [1] = {
                .start  = 3,
                .end    = 3,
                .flags  = IORESOURCE_IRQ,
        },
};

static struct c67x00_platform_data c67x00_data = {
        .sie_config             = C67X00_SIE1_HOST | C67X00_SIE2_PERIPHERAL_B,
        .hpi_regstep            = 0x02, /* A0 not connected on 16bit bus */
};

static struct platform_device c67x00_dev = {
        .name                   = "c67x00",
        .id                     = 0,
        .num_resources          = ARRAY_SIZE(c67x00_resources),
        .resource               = c67x00_resources,
        .dev.platform_data      = &c67x00_data,
};

And the c67x00_dev structure is then registerred with the platform bus
with platform_add_devices() or similar.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard
-