David Brownell schrieb:
On Monday 04 February 2008, you wrote:
Ok. Any particular reason why you're stuck with 2.6.21? The kernel HCD
interface has changed a bit since then, so you'l have to fix that up.

Actually, the LEON3-soft CPU

I though that was basically SPARC?

yes, basically thats SPARC v8
vendor only supports 2.6.21,

... so this would be purely an issue of needing a board support patch?
That sort of stuff ought to be easy to forward-port.  Much easier than
getting all the HCD level changes right.

Wasn't digging into it too much, but there is quite some LEON3 specific support stuff that requires some rework to support a later kernel, that includes stuff like support for the AMBA bus, ethernet device drivers (GRETH, OpenCores Eth), i2c support, LEON3 specific PROM/serial console support, power management, etc. Well, maybe you're right, maybe its not that difficult to easily add support for a later kernel version. I'll might give it try when I have some spare time left, thanks.
so for that reason I'm kind stuck. I could try to add LEON3 hardware-specific support to the latest linux release, but that would actually be more work than just porting the c67x00 back to 2.6.21. I've already adopted the code to 2.6.21 kernel HCD.

-