On 02/18/2015 02:05 PM, Karl Palsson wrote:
Johan Hovold <jo...@kernel.org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:32:38AM +0700, Johan Hovold wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:45:11PM -0500, Nicolas PLANEL wrote:
I believe the fix should be implemented slightly differently however.
Most usb-serial driver call set_termios from open to handle this issue.
It looks like you could simply replace the calls to set baudrate and
"handshake" in open with

        ch341_set_termios(tty, port, NULL);
You currently need to make sure tty is not NULL in case the device is
being used as a console by the way. Just skip the set_termios call in
that case.
I've already got most of this working in my branch overhauling this
driver.  I agree, the open call shouldn't be doing all the hard
resetting of settings that it currently does.  I've implemented more of
set termios / get termios.

It's not ready for submission yet, I've got a lot of debug added that
needs to be rebased and squished out, and I still want to do more
testing with hardware flow control and the rest of the modem status
lines.

https://github.com/karlp/linux/commits/ch341-3.18.6

By implementing proper reading of settings from the device, a lot of the
private copies can just be dropped out altogether.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson

I will try your branch and send you my comment.

Regards,

Nicolas