On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Chris Downie wrote:

> How do I give back the 1Gb partition to Windows?
>
> Other than root, swap and home, should I have any other directory on a separate
> partition?

Judging from your question, you know about partitioning, have installed
Linux before, and now want to make one of your ex-Linux partitions usable
by Windows.

Using you favourite partitioning tool (mine is fdisk, but I'm old-school)
set the partition type to DOS FAT. Then format the partition (I forget how
to make a FAT filesystem under Linux, sorry). When you boot into windows
you'll have a nice clean D: (or E:, F:, etc).

Tim Wright

Assistant Lecturer
Department of Computer Science
University of Canterbury