On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:41:16 +1200
CF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does IPCOP do anything to help in this instance?
> http://www.ipcop.org/1.3.0/en/admin/html/vpnaw.html
> That says VPNs are possible, terminated from the IPCOP box.

thats an ipsec vpn, quite different to pptp. it creates a tunnel from
router to router (although it may work router to single computer too).
He'd need to change the setup at the server end.

if he could put an ipcop box at each end, and set up ipsec, all the
boxes at the client end would be like on the same lan as the server at
the server end, thru an encrypted tunnel. I do it from time to time from
home to work as I have an ipcop box at each end. it can be a hassle if
you don't have well known fixed ip addresses at each end. I tend these
days to set up an ssh tunnel if i have a specific need to get at
something at the other end.

I wish i was better at ascii art...

--
Nick Rout