and with a NAT router/modem they do get that protection to a large
degree. Nothing gets in without a pinhole set by the user (same as ipcop)
or a flaw in the router (possible, also possible with ipcop).

you don't get to control what goes out (same on ipcop, although a
rewrite of the iptables stuff would control that), and you don't get
much logging.

nevertheless most people are quite safe from outside connections behind
a NAT router/modem.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>