On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:21:06AM +1300, david merriman wrote:
> line 265: /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
> No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda8
> e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda8
> and e2fsck -b 32768 /dev/hda8
> but got the same message. "can't find /dev/hda8"
> mke2fs -n /dev/hda8
> same message: "can't find /dev/hda8"

Notice something similar here?

I'd investigate what your devfsd is (not) doing:

> Running DevFS daemon  Started device management daemon V1.3.25 for /dev

I'd guess that your problem is as simple as the device nodes in /dev not
existing. (as they're not /dev/hdXX using devfs... devfsd is supposed to be
glue around this)

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

            yip yip yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* NO TERRIER