How much work do you guys think it would take to correct this problem for
them?...

(See their menus).

Below is the response I got from them on the issue and my response back...

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please advise what your developers are telling you this problem will cost to
fix.

There are many communities of developers who would assist your team in
fixing this problem at no real extra cost just so that your site is
compatible with international standards.

It sounds to me like you are getting the run around on this issue (which
should not have been an issue in the first place with proper site design and
script programming).

Also, are you aware of the standards validation systems that exist that can
be used to ensure your site has been programmed to international standards?
These services are free to anyone to use.

If I can be of any assistance in helping you get this problem resolved more
quickly then feel free let me know.

Kind regards

Don Gould