Hi, I have installed nagios and have it monitoring localhost. Next I need to configure email notifications so it is finally time for me to get my head around MTAs, this will also be useful (I hope) for other things such as cron notifications etc. I've followed the nagios quickstart guide at

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-ubuntu.html

which at the bottom says install mailx (Postfix) and configure the commands.cfg file, which is straight forward by itself. However I thought I'd pause at this point and seek list wisdom on the approach from here. Is postfix actually the "best" package to use? (no wish to start any wars here...) and if so/not, which, and presumably some further configurations are necessary to get some messages going off to my ISP.

Cheers,
Roger