That sounds like my situation (the bit about passive cooling). I'll try that. Did you fix the fan in place, or just let it dangle? There's a place in my box for a "system fan", but there's not one there, so I'll get one. Also, could you tell me a little bit more about your graphics hardware?

Thanks,
Aidan

Euan Clark wrote:
I've noticed increased heat issues on both my GPUs on both XP & Gentoo - I think latest nvidia drivers push the cards harder (PhysX?) - they were passive cooling only so I dropped another fan in the box pointed across the cards and the issues have gone.