Ok, I've just tried the nv driver with a huge desk fan, on high, pointed at the graphics card heat-sinks. I also tried detaching my system fan from the case and doing the same thing with it. No diffreence; it still freezes after a little while. It's a low-end video card (see attached file for full information), and has no fan to fail. Is there a way to test the card for heat damage (or any kind of subtle damage)?

 And, John, how could the motherboard battery affect the video?

Thanks,
Aidan