Phill Coxon wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 13:46 +1200, Roger Searle wrote:
Hi, I am thinking of making use of "light scribe" to label some CDs for a project I am working on, and wondering if anyone on the list has experience with doing this in linux, which I don't recall ever seen mentioned on any lugs. Goes without saying there is the need for drives and disks capable of such, I am looking for tips on packages to use or avoid or any other gotchas people may have come across, esp any 32/64 bit dramas.

Lightscribe works just fine under Linux with the only downside being
that the software available is fairly basic:

http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/linux/index.aspx
seems i strike out due to using a 64bit distro (and synaptic shows no packages either):

ro...@gemini:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i lightscribe-1.18.4.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
dpkg: error processing lightscribe-1.18.4.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb (--install):
package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
lightscribe-1.18.4.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb

is there a way of forcing this or is it just not worth the effort?
Roger