On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 21:27 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Volker
> Kuhlmann<list0...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> > Any disk with bad sectors within warranty goes back to maker. Period.
>
> Agreed, I received two 750GBs about three months ago (with consecutive
> serial numbers, sadly) and one has failed already, been straight back
> to the vendor and been replaced.

Please tell me they weren't wd greens. I've had a 1TB fail within 5
minutes... in fact I've had more fail this year than in the last 10.

It is questionable in this case whether it's a disk failure or not... it
was the file system that fell apart and that's not *guaranteed* to be
the disk at fault.

Steve