On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:43:25 -0500
dep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this is making me crazy. okay, exacerbating the pre-existing
> condition.
>
> i succeeded in burning my 16-mb gentoo build-from-scratch iso image.
> only thing is, it won't boot. looking at its contents, i see a bit
> tbz2 file and a directory lebeled isolinux. but nothing that appears
> to support anything approaching a boot and, sure enough, it won't
> boot. yes, i have the machine set to boot from cd. this is the rc6
> iso.
>
> ideas?
> --
>From the CD-Writing HowTo:

4.11 How to make bootable CD-ROMs?
You must have an 1.44 MB bootable floppy-disk. Create an exact image of
this floppy-disk by issuing the command
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=boot.img bs=18k
Place this floppy image into the directory holding the collection of
your files (or into a subdirectory of it, just as you like). Tell
mkisofs about this file with the option '-b' and also use '-c'. For
details read the file README.eltorito in the mkisofs-distribution.

Let me know if you need README.eltorito (5k)
--
Put bounce and zoom in every step with keds! kids! keds!
Chris Kassopulo _/\_ Linux User #199893 _/\_ Vector Linux