[ mostly a big snip ]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:22:56 -0500 "David A. Bandel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:40:27 -0700
> begin  Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:
>

> Why on earth would you:
> 1.  boot Linux from Windoze?
> 2.  allow Windoze to touch a Linux kernel?

Thanks for all the corrections David; I've squirreled them away for
future use.  I don't do any of the above from Windows.  I just use the
Windows fatx partition as a handy place to store the stuff that grub
needs for boot.  This partition (hda1) is always there, whereas my linux
partitions may disappear any time I feel like installing a new distro.
grub wouldn't be too happy looking for its stuff on hda7 (for example)
when I've just wiped that partition for a new install.

If you know a better way to do this as well, I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks,
--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
WWTLRD? - ELX rc1 with xfce and sylpheed