Previously, Mike Andrew chose to write:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:58, David A. Bandel wrote:
> >KDE is much like Windoze in the way it
> > assumes whoever is logged in is the only user.  This is incredibly rude
> > and arrogant, especially for a system that is designed to be multi-user.
>
> cannot agree more with the sentiment, but I don't believe it's a kde issue.
> afaik the GiveConsole and circus is supplied via Xfree. It's hard for me to
> understand what security issues they are trying to protect. I can't see the
> sense in re-assigning /dev/anything.

Well, I'm afraid there's something else horking it up as well, probably
something the app itself is doing. Even with TakeConsole modified, I'll
eventually get choppiness in the sound file playback. The only solution I've
come up with is to shutdown to runlevel 3 and go back to runlevel 5.

BTW: A side effect of my TakeConsole change was to have the login sound play
over my speakers when someone logs in remotely. Maybe that's what the Xfree
guys were eliminating...

Tim