On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:59:37 +0800 toylet.linux[¤pª±·N] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I couldn't quite remember the min requirements for win95.
> 128M for WinXP? Is it a minimum requirement at all? :)

Minimum RAM for XP is 64mb when coupled with a 300mhz PII.  However, to
really get it working comfortably, I'd recommend A: don't use XP, B: if you
really must, have 128mb of RAM and a good motherboard.  Processor speed
shouldn't matter as long as you have at least a Pentium 200MMX.  Though I
must say, the fastest motherboard I've ever seen for a Pentium is the old
one from my Gateway 2000 P5-60, and with 40MB of SIMMs, and the 60mhz
processor, it ran Debian easily as fast as that P200MMX from a Dell
Optiplex Gxi.  Your P-133 should be just fine with Win95.  My neighbor has
ME on her P-133 with 32mb of RAM.  No, I take that back, 95 isn't any good
on any computer.  I'm assuming you have Linux on the machine now?

--
Specs:

EPoX EP-8KTA3Pro, VIA KT133A
AMD Athlon TBird 1.4ghz, 512mb PC133 SDRAM
ATI Radeon 8500
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 40GB, Quantum FB 12.1GB
SuSE Linux 7.3 Pro, XP Pro
TB Santa Cruz
Antec SX1240 case, 400 watt PS