On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:21:49PM -0400, Net Llama! wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Bill Campbell wrote:
>> One thing I've learned is that there's a significant difference between
>> libtool-1.3 and libtool-1.4, and libtool-1.3.5 is the most common version
>> (you will find ``ltconfig'' and ``ltmain.sh'' in the build directory with
>> libtool-1.3).  See http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/libtool.php
>> for more details.
>[SNIP]
>
>Bill, thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, i don't think this is
>explicitly a libtool problem for me.  I have libtool-1.4 installed on two
>of my boxes, and on one, xfce built, and the other, i saw the glob error.

The glob error may well be coming from a perl script.  Perl uses
/bin/tcsh (or possibly another installed csh variant) to do its
glob'ing so a more broken than usual csh may be the underlying
cause of the problem (the first two programs I compiled for OSX
were pdksh and bash since I have forgotten most of my csh since I
stopped using it as my interactive shell in 1988 or so).

Bill

``If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police,
the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the
government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws.''
EDWARD ABBEY (1927-1989)