On Saturday 20 April 2002 10:36, you wrote:

> It isn't looking for glibc, it is looking for glib, a basic utility
> library for C. Quite different from glibc.

Ok! yes, I did not 'see' what it was saying.

> > checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
>
> Okay. If found glib-config.
>
> > checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
>
> It is looking for glib greater than version 1.2 and not finding it.
> On my system, the output of glib-config --version is:
>
> $ glib-config --version
> 1.2.10
>
> What is it on yours? You may simply need to upgrade (see
> XFREE->Libraries for upgrading instructions).

I got exactly the same output from glib --version so it is 1.2.10
that I have installed so what is it that it is lacking to 'see' glib.

BTW thanks for the reply

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161