On Saturday 20 April 2002 15:47, you wrote:

> glib2 is not the same as glib.  Grab glib and glib-devel and install those.

I went back and grabbed glib-1.2.8, it was either that or glib2-xxxx.
Installed the rpms and now the damd thing is even more confusing. Sorry about
this but I have no idea what to do::

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.8, but GLIB (1.2.10)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file
config.cach
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error: Could not find glib-config

I cannot find any glib-1.2.10 anywhere with a locate.

I did:
[root@CPE-203-45-140-190 kantoine]# rpm -qa | grep glib
glib-1.2.8-1
libglib1.2-1.2.10-3mdk        ==============this shows up only
glibc-devel-2.2.4-9.1mdk
glib2-2.0.1-1gtk
glib2-devel-2.0.1-1gtk
glib-devel-1.2.8-1
glibc-2.2.4-9.1mdk

If I do a locate i get nil return on the libglib1.2-1.2.10-3mdk file. I need
to getb rid of the others seemingly.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161