Well said, Bill.  I have tried to make that point in the past and it simply
escalated into a flame war.  The same holds true for firewalls.  Many argue
its a 'cop out' to buy a black box solution when you can get Linux 'free'.
Folks who aren't in the IT/IS services business simply don't realize of the
implications of utilizing a relative non-standard solution.  The reality is,
you better have 2 old PC's, 4 old NIC's and a Ghost image of the original
machine.  Thats the only way you'll be able to get back on line in a
time-line comparable to a black box solution.  And at the end of the day,
thats the only thing the 'brass' will notice.

Brian