It will work just fine if the font is monospaced, like Courier.
This is often the case with enscript.

++ kevin

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:45:54PM -0400, Joel Hammer wrote:
> Well, I don't see how reformatting the text document, even with a
> perl script, can solve the problem of justification, since that will
> depend in part on the text font chosen, which perl may not know about.
> The solution may lie in enscript itself. I will write the author of
> enscript. That's one amazing aspect of open source; sometimes the authors
> write back. We'll see.
> Joel
>
>  On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 08:53:35AM -0400, Joel Hammer wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointers and the information. Unfortunately, I have to get back to
>my day
> > job (even though is it Sunday). I will try out these ideas in a day or two.
> > I'll let you know how they work.
> > Joel

Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]
At school: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kogorman/index.html
Web: http://kosmanor.com/~kevin/index.html

"Life is short; eat dessert first!"