On Tue, 21 May 2002, Tim Wunder wrote:
> On 5/21/2002 8:33 AM, someone claiming to be Susan Macchia wrote:
> > IMHO, gcombust is the best cd burning linux software out there.
> >

> <snip>
>
> Then what's the secret to getting a good audio CD burned with gcombust?

Secret?  There isn't one really.  First go to the "Audio Files" tab, and
select what you wish to burn, then go to the "Burn" tab, and select "Audio
Files" in the top "Data Seource" box.  Make sure that all the other
options under "Misc Options" & "CD-Records device options" are accurate
for your environment, and then click the "Combust!" button at the bottom.
I find it infinitely more intuitive than XCdroast.

> At least with xcdroast, as clunky as the UI is, I can get it to burn audio on a
>consistent basis.

I've burnt 2 audio CDs with gcombust, and both came out playable.

> BTW, I downloaded arson, http://arson.sourceforge.net/, last night and it *looks*
>nice, but I'm currently out of CD-Rs, so I couldn't do anything more than look at and
>configure it. Unfortunately, it seems to need to be run as root. It's a KDE app, so
>I'm fairly certain the NetLlama won't like it ;-)

Indeed, uglier than a baby dropped on its head.