OK gcombust lovers, how do I get the damn program to work as non-root?
This is a permissions issue that seems to be escaping me.

My symptoms are as follows:
I start gcombust and go to the Burn tab, then click the "Check scsi settings" button.
I am then presented with  an error message,
"cdrecord failed to recognize selected drive (wrong scsi settings or no permission to
device)"

/dev/scd0 is my reader (it's a CDRW, but it don't write too good anymore)
/dec/scd1 is my CDRW - Liteon 241016

Permissions are (now) as follows:
brwxrwxrwx 2 root root   11,   0  Feb 23 22:10 /dev/scd0
brwxrwxrwx 2 root root   11,   1  Feb 23 22:10 /dev/scd1

Last night when I was trying this, permissions on /dev/scd1 were
brwx------ 2 dad  root   11,   1  Feb 23 22:10 /dev/scd1
and I changed it to
brwxrwxrwx 2 dad  root   11,   1  Feb 23 22:10 /dev/scd1
with no change to the behavior of gcombust

This morning, permissions on /dev/scd1 were (before I changed them to the previously
mentioned perm's)
brwx------ 2 root root   11,   1  Feb 23 22:10 /dev/scd1
I don't know how this got changed from last nights settings.

Permissions on /dev/scd0 don't seem to change. When I click the "Check scsi settings"
button while /dev/scd0 is selected as my reader, I get the same error message.

It works fine as root ('cept I don't want to have to run the proggy as root).
Any ideas?
At this point, I'm back to using xcdroast :-(

Thanks,
Tim